Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

How many Albums do you own?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How many Albums do you own?

Post  Starlight on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:20 pm

I reckon I have about 200 now since I am a huge U2, Depeche Mode, Oasis, Manics, Foo Fighters fan which takes up about 40+ albums alone.

Singles wise I bought about 50 CD wise and about 10 singles wise.

Yeah....I am a musical freak as well as a gaming one. XD

My collection includes:

14 U2 Albums
6 Queen Albums
5 Depeche Mode Albums
8 Oasis Albums
5 Foo Fighter Albums
7 Manic Street Preachers Albums

What about you peoples?

Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Kim Pine Vile >:3

Back to top Go down

Re: How many Albums do you own?

Post  Valentine on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:00 am

I don't own albums anymore. The ones I had, I gave to my parents since their money bought them. Music conveniences me more in the digital form these days.


Last edited by Valentine on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : english fail)

Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Posts : 224
Join date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: How many Albums do you own?

Post  Terra on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:18 am

I've gone the opposite route from downloading to buying physical CD's, although I still download the occasional songs. I've got a rather good collection of around 100+ CD's (Not sure of the exact amount). There's a lot of Alternative rock and Electronica in there mainly but also a bit of dance and indie in there.

Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Posts : 533
Join date : 2010-04-02
Location : Bournemouth, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: How many Albums do you own?

Post  Starlight on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:05 pm

Terra wrote:I've gone the opposite route from downloading to buying physical CD's, although I still download the occasional songs. I've got a rather good collection of around 100+ CD's (Not sure of the exact amount). There's a lot of Alternative rock and Electronica in there mainly but also a bit of dance and indie in there.

I can tell you're English with that description alone. bounce rabbit

Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Kim Pine Vile >:3

Back to top Go down

Re: How many Albums do you own?

Post  Terra on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:07 am

Starlight wrote:I can tell you're English with that description alone. bounce rabbit
Lol, is it that stereotypical? Razz

Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Posts : 533
Join date : 2010-04-02
Location : Bournemouth, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: How many Albums do you own?

Post  Adminassassin on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:04 pm

lol I rarely buy music, I'll admit.
I usually pick up random CD's at Salvation Army or other Thrift Store-equivalents.
I prolly only have 20 CD's, most of them are soundtracks from movies.

_________________
Site Administrator
-------------------------------
Thanks for being part of Kricket Stomp!


Adminassassin
Admin

Posts : 616
Join date : 2010-03-27
Location : USA

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Re: How many Albums do you own?

Post  Starlight on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:00 am

Terra wrote:
Lol, is it that stereotypical? Razz

lol, well...most people in this country are into Ministry of Sound and Indie Bands so I guess it is. Razz

Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Kim Pine Vile >:3

Back to top Go down

Re: How many Albums do you own?

Post  Terra on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:28 am

Fair enough

I came across something interesting yesterday afternoon for those who are into buying digital downloads (Or perhaps take the Pirate Bay approach). As someone who believes in the idea of Free Culture, I was looking around online at some discussion on copyright and I discovered that Russia have some very unusual copyright laws, which allow them to sell MP3's online ridiculously cheap. They can be as little as 9p/¢15 a hit and it's legal to buy from these sites internationally as well, it's crazy.

Here's one such site you can look at to see for yourselves, Iomoio. I haven't bought anything from them just yet but I am somewhat interested. Hmm, what do you guys think of this?

Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Posts : 533
Join date : 2010-04-02
Location : Bournemouth, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: How many Albums do you own?

Post  Starlight on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:56 pm

Terra wrote:Fair enough

I came across something interesting yesterday afternoon for those who are into buying digital downloads (Or perhaps take the Pirate Bay approach). As someone who believes in the idea of Free Culture, I was looking around online at some discussion on copyright and I discovered that Russia have some very unusual copyright laws, which allow them to sell MP3's online ridiculously cheap. They can be as little as 9p/¢15 a hit and it's legal to buy from these sites internationally as well, it's crazy.

Here's one such site you can look at to see for yourselves, Iomoio. I haven't bought anything from them just yet but I am somewhat interested. Hmm, what do you guys think of this?

Doesn't Spotify get songs for free? Only the downside is seeing an advert every few minutes plus a smaller library.

Looks okay...but I wonder what is the catch in their ToS.

Edit: They seem to have no covers for a few albums I've noticed...I am guessing some image rights may apply here since every country has a different law with image rights too. ¬_¬

Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Kim Pine Vile >:3

Back to top Go down

Re: How many Albums do you own?

Post  Terra on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:03 pm

You can only stream songs on Spotify and on free accounts, there's a limit to how much you can listen to a week (Such as 10 hours a week and can only stream a song 5 times). There is a store but it's about 70p a hit last time I checked.

Well, I've bought a few things on there and it all seems pretty good.

As for image rights, I have no idea

Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Posts : 533
Join date : 2010-04-02
Location : Bournemouth, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: How many Albums do you own?

Post  Starlight on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:46 pm

Fair enough. Sounds good though.

Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Kim Pine Vile >:3

Back to top Go down

Re: How many Albums do you own?

Post  Terra on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:28 pm

It is quite good, bought quite a few things off there now.

Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Posts : 533
Join date : 2010-04-02
Location : Bournemouth, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: How many Albums do you own?

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:04 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum