Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 30 Day Pic Challenge - Video Games

Post  Valentine on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:45 am

Day 8 - Funniest video game scene.

Fallout 3 - LIBERTY PRIME!

One point of interest in my life is to remain politically active whether through marches, attending/holding local forums or helping local group activities in general. The scene where the Liberty Prime is unleashed on the Enclave is fabulous. It's pretty awesome to hear his random outbursts every now and then while post-apocalyptic D.C. is blasted to shreds.

Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:47 pm

May as well add these:

Day 4 - Video game you’re ashamed you enjoyed.

Final Fantasy X. Just because...

Day 5 - Video game character you feel you are most like.

Who else? Frimelda Lotice. <3

Had a tragedy with her lover, been betrayed and still she forgave him...it's so sad and was probably the only reason why I enjoyed FFTA2 moreso...I felt Adele was so annoying with her story of being one of these rare types of people who have so much power in their body...but Frim's story was more sensitive and I personally would say she was the strongest Paladin in the entire game if you don't upgrade Luso or Adele into that class. (Adele is a natural Fighter whilst Luso is normally good at being one of those magic swordsman.

Day 6 - Most annoying video game character.

Hmmm......I rarely get annoyed with characters as I know it's only a game...if anything...the most annoying character to me were the Twilight people from Kindom Hearts II

What was their purpose in this game again? I recall them hardly ever meeting Roxas and yet they feel they know who Sora is because of Roxas.

Final Fantasy VII - When you dress Cloud as a lady for that pervert who runs the city...isn't there one scene when he gets you-know-what? I laughed at that scene so much. XD

Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Day 8 - Funniest video game scene

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha versus the Soulless Army (Playstation 2)

Frankly, when I first saw this cutscene I almost burts into tears while laughing.

The whole thing is like this: Rasputin (yeah, I know: shocking) is doing his pimp stuff to Tae in the bar and then Raidou shows up and whacks him in the head with a bottle so hard, that he falls to the ground japanese style.

Rasputin's apperance alone makes this game GOLD. Seriously, the guy is so Darn funny. Very Happy

Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:17 pm

Day 9 - Game you're most looking forward to.

Resident Evil Revelations

This will be what gets me to buy a 3DS in 2012.

Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Day 1 - Very first video game.

I am lucky to have had two.

Sonic's 1 and 2!

Day 2 - Favourite video game you've played so far.

Streets of Rage 2...play it religiously.

Day 3 - Your video game crush

Arieth Gainsborough

Valkyria Chronicles III....in ENGLISH!

Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  soaring_wings on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:48 pm

Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

Definitely one of the best moments in the game. What's happening here is that Cornet, the main character, was unable to buy a dress to wear for the Princess contest so she was forced to wear one of her puppets. Not only does she look ridiculous, she ends up falling and making herself look even more silly. xD

Devil Survivor 2

This was a pretty hard choice. As there are a few games I'm really excited about, alas in the end Devil Survivor 2 wins out against all other games for three reasons: (1) I loved the RPG-SRPG battle system hybrid of the first game so I'm very excited to see another game using the same system, (2) Mohiro Kitoh is doing the alien designs and they look really nice, and (3) The music on the main site rocks. The character designs are pretty nice too. Nice to see the DS going out with a bang~ (Now if only we could get Fire Emblem 3 here.....)

soaring_wings
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/soaring_wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:47 pm

THIS ONE WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS! I suggest skipping this one if you plan on playing P4 in the future.

Persona 4 - Field Trip to Gekkoukan High

This part had me crackin' up at like two in the morning. The whole thing was a trip down memory lane because you visit the main setting in Persona 3. Rise's "connections" lands the gang some VIP treatment in a club. They got the hook up! The best part was when they play the King's Game which is pretty much one of those "King's order is absolute" games no matter how bizarre they are. For one round, Teddie was "King". His order was to be smooched. He declares a number, hoping it would one of the ladies but it ends up being Kanji regardless of which popsicle you (the main character) chose prior to the king's game. Rise, Yukiko, and Teddie were "drunk off the atmosphere". Needless to say, hilarity ensued.

Trivia: This reminds me so much of the first time I got drunk with my friends. We weren't even legal at the time. Underage drinking FTW! Now that I'm actually legal, it just doesn't feel the same.

SPOILER ENDS HERE

Day 9 - Game you're most looking forward to

Val, you just did not choose this theme. I can feel the inner fanboy inside me stirring! Here's one that's pretty obvious if you know me from BL. Holy crap you guys! I still remember when they showed Mass Effect 3's world premiere at the Spike TV Game of the Year Awards 2010. I think I had to change my pants. I've been looking forward to the trilogy's finale since beating the first Mass Effect game back in 2007. This is the game right here. I love BioWare sooo much. I'm willing to donate my left nut to them....NOT! I want my kids (if I'm having any) to experience the Mass Effect trilogy when they grow up. cat

Trivia: One reason why I chose this game as my most anticipated over Metal Gear Solid: Rising is because Mass Effect 3 actually has a release date I can look forward to. March 6, 2012. The 3rd chapter of Commander Shepard being a jerk is about to begin. I need to start buying more Mountain Dew, underwear...and pants. Oh, BioShock Infinite is also a close second. cat

Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:58 am

Day 10 - Best Sequel.

Assassin's Creed II

This is basically how a sequel should be: perfect and superior in every way.

Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:36 pm

Day 10 - Best Sequel.

Streets of Rage 2 of course. :3

Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:37 am

Day 11 - Favourite Shooter.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

This was a runner-up for best sequel, so I feel (being a shooter) it should easily win this day's event. This is another example of how a sequel should be done.

Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:52 pm

Day 10 - Best Sequel

It was more n00b friendly compared to the original Mega Man. This was the first Mega Man I beat. Mega Man 1 was a good game but it was tough. This sequel was more balanced. The level design was great and the soundtrack was superb.

Trivia: Out of the original six MM games for the NES, this is my 2nd favorite just behind Mega Man 3.

Day 11 - Favorite Shooter

The original BioShock. None of that generic shooter crap like COD. Duty Calls had me crackin' up though. System Shock 2 was good but this game was better. The atmosphere and the story would still give me chills to this day. This is the real Game of the Year 2007. Problem?

Trivia: This was my very first Xbox 360 game. cat

Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:56 am

Does Valkyria Chronicles count?

Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninty on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:16 am

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 (Nintendo DS)

Although I don't own the original, the sequel is really high in terms of importing the game from the USA. And before the game gets rare. It might feel the same as the first one, but man, since when did Atlus let us down?

Day 10 - Best sequel

Breath of Fire II (Super Nintendo, GameBoy Advance)

To put it simply, it surpasses the previous game in every way. The characters were memorable, the story is more interesting than BoF1's (and it didn't even get censored, considering the theme of game can be said as a bit religious) and everything is just better! And bonus points for Nina looking gorgeous in the game. Even some BoF1 cameos pop up in the game.

Day 11 - Favorite Shooter

Killer7 (Nintendo GameCube and Playstation 2)

Edit: Actually, no. Not RE4, but Killer7 instead. Yes, I count this as a shooter, since you shoot Heaven Smiles all the time. The firefights can get REALLY intense when the enemies is at your face and you're out of bullets.

Also, very very fun game. The story is the beef of the game.

Last edited by Ninty on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ninty
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:24 am

Day 12 - Favourite fighting game.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy

I have to think: what fighting game have I invested most time in playing? And I honestly have to say it's probably MK Trilogy.

Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:00 pm

SUPAH SMASH BROTHARS!

Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Day 12 - Favorite fighting game

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was not as fun. MvC2 was where it was at back in the day. My friend and I would always play this all day, every day. I would always bitch when he uses B.B. Hood and Cable. Those characters are good for "turtle-ing". My team consisted of Morrigan, Shuma Gorath, and Strider.

Trivia: I don't own this game at the moment. I'd go to a friend's house and play it on his Dreamcast. VS Mode is best played on the same couch. cat

Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:29 pm

Day 13 - Most nostalgic game/brings back the best memories.

Metroid

Yes, the original. Everything from the environment, music and plot stuck with me for my entire life until I should one day recognize Samus again in my friend's copy of Metroid II, then again in Super Smash Bros. Melee when I finally realized I could use the internet to follow the progress of the making of Metroid Prime. And it was good.

Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Days 6-13

Post  Adminassassin on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Day 6 - Most annoying video game character.

Support Characters. SHUT UP, I KNOW HOW MANY ENEMIES ARE LEFT, I CAN COUNT DOWN FROM 3! This is just a recent example, there's of course Navi as well as countless other characters that flap their lips and don't really help.

Day 7 - Favourite opening.

FINAL FANTASY X has a gripping opening, from the haunting clip far into the story then resetting to the beginning with a massive city attack. And introducing that piano theme...
RUNNER-UP: Crystal Chronicles (GCN) because the opening was the best part of the game, the rest was so meh.

There were far too many to pick just one in PORTAL 2 but I'll mention lemons and potatoes and leave it at that.

Day 9 - Game you're most looking forward to

CATHERINE (PS3) I am gettign this and it looks awesome. Very interesting story and gameplay mechanics. Aiming for the uncensored PS3 cover. I hope that the team does Persona 5 next. Very Happy

Day 10 - Best Sequel.

The following are massive improvements over the first game: AC2 (pictured,) Half Life 2, Sly Cooper II, Uncharted 2, Fable II

Half Life 2 and its episodic "sequels." I own the OB in 2 forms, looking at getting it on PS3 too, its a great deal and a great series that needs EPISODE THREE DAMMIT.

SOUL CALIBUR, I've played the hell out of II through IV (not that I'm any good) and look forward to V. Mains: Link, Mitsurugi, Cervantes

LUIGI'S MANSION, I've played through so many times, including once all in one sitting. I'm pumped for the sequel.

Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:24 am

Day 14 - Most epic battle or scene ever.

Silent Hill 3 - Final Boss

Hands down, it's this one. Both for the scene leading into the final battle and for the final battle, easily. It was repulsive. I think I almost cried right before the final battle.

Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Starlight on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Hmmm....that is pretty hard.

Me and neighbour tried to 104%, before he stole my game (which he claimed he borrowed) and did it solo.

Then I did it solo....so I got my comeuppance.

Starlight
Kricket Frequenter
Kricket Frequenter

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:39 pm

Metal Gear Solid

I had a Sony Playstation but I wasn't allowed to own any M-rated game because I was like 5 when this game came out. I would go to my uncle's and play this. Just messed around and never got passed the first area.

Trivia: I didn't beat this game till like 3 years ago.

Day 14 - Most epic battle or scene ever.
Ganon Boss Fight (OoT)

The rain, thunder, and the lightning was a nice touch. What else can I say? This was an epic moment in videogame.

Trivia: I was originally going to put the nuke scene from the first Modern Warfare. That was kinda epic too.

Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:45 am

Day 15 - Most overrated game.

My honest answer: any game that's rating is clearly dictated more by nostalgia than by reason.

If someone's argument arrives at this station: "well, you didn't play it when it came out," then... BAM, you've got yourself a nostalgic-style fanboy point right there. Sensible people understand the difference between examining a game's content by the era's standard in which it was released versus sneering at flaws that were imposed by the limits of that era's technology. To this day, I'm still wow'd by some of the games I play on older systems that I wasn't able to experience as a child, so time is not my bias. That seems to be the hugest argument from fanboys, and with that being said:

Final Fantasy VII

Fanboy Rating It was their first RPG (aside from maybe Pokemon), first FF on the PS1, it had cuss words and that really blew their 12-year-old minds, -insert cliche character archetype-, etc.

What I noticed: really awkward translating and goofy dialogue (I mostly can't stand reading Barret's dialogue. That's beyond my limit for cheese, and I like cheese.); the story is a little trite; it's epic/revolutionary twists were already done in previous RPGs so the "revolutionary plot twists" label that some people give it kinda undermines the plot twists altogether. Thanks for that over-embellishment. The way people play the whole Aerith thing... I kinda feel like that wasn't much different than Nei's ultimate role in Phantasy Star II; etc.

Last edited by Valentine on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:46 am

Day 16 - Favourite System

PS3

Aside from the fact that I've been gaming the most on it lately, it's been rightfully rated as the top blu-ray player of 2010 for its power and up-to-date streaming capabilities. I can see my future now, no cable bills and only low monthly bills for hulu+, etc. directly broadcasted to my HDTV. It's sweet.

Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:52 am

Day 17 - Favourite Online Game

Kingdom of Loathing

This is why I could never get into any other MMO browser game. Everything else feels like I should be playing KoL.

Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:52 am

Day 18 - Game you loved that no one seems to have heard of.

Faxanadu

Maybe I'm wrong about this being a game nobody has heard about, but I can't think of anything else in my top-rated games that's terribly obscure. This is kinda similar to Zelda II (minus having an overworld) and just as fun if not a little better.

Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top