Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Manga: Deathnote

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manga: Deathnote

Post  zss_shadow on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:51 am

Has anyone read this series? I only started reading about a week ago but I'm completely hooked, now done 3/4 of the story. I must say, the whole moral thing going on makes you feel...odd. Kira is doing 'bad' things and yet you want him to win. Or at least I did up to a point. Light/Raito thinks of everyone as fodder, regardless of their relationship...although I guess you've got to do that if you're going to be a "God" like he wishes? Not fond of him abusing Misa. D:

I'm not sure if these are spoilers, since it's obvious from promotional art what relation Misa has with Light. xD Put it in the description just in case and will change to a more defined answer should someone speak of the ending or something.
zss_shadow
Kricket Inductee
Kricket Inductee

Back to top Go down

Re: Manga: Deathnote

Post  Adminassassin on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:57 am

I'm a big fan of the anime and manga. DN has one of the better endings in anime too. But overall, I wasn't a big fan of the second story arc (the Near/Mello arc) because it got overly complicated in rules, characters, and plot twists.

Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:19 pm

I loved the series, having watched the Anime, watched the 3 Live-Action films, the whole manga and the Novel Spin-off. While It did leave me thinking at times about with the whole thing about morality, I can say that I definitely wanted to see Light win in the end. I have to agree with AA here though, I wasn't such a fan of the second half of the story.
Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top