Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Writing Fiction

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Writing Fiction

Post  Adminassassin on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Sounds worth attending.

I'm done editing through Act 4 now. (So about 80% done) And hoping to knock the final act and the epilouge by this weekend.

It kind of depends on if I hear anything from my remaining Beta reader. If I do, I'll likely be doing a quicker 2nd round.

Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:27 pm

I wasn't aware of what was planned beforehand.

Ah, Fair enough.
Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:57 pm

Actually, there might be a change in plans. Through editing The Elf, I've grown really attached to the story (again) and am rebooting an idea I had earlier about a continuation. Now I know that the ending doesn't leave much room for one (I did that on purpose) but I've actually had this idea since writing the first one and I'm thinking about making that my November project (since I write Elf in a flow more than heavy planning) and keep working on planning the 2-parter to work on early next year.

And no, just because there might be a continuation doesn't mean it won't still be bittersweet, tragic, and sad. Wink

Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Well, I've finished editing The Elf.

But more than that, I took the next step, the plunge, the leap of faith.

Submitted it to 4 literary agencies tonight to hopefully represent it and get it published.
Very nervous and don't expect it to work out but I had to try.

Also, my secret weapon is a webpage with links to about 40 more agencies. Wink

Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:16 pm

So, I've decided not to continue work on my idea for this November. Just got too much going on. I need a good block of time to work on this with full attention and right now, I just don't have that available to me. This really has become my version of Brian's Novel.

So, I see your making progress with your next novel Admin, are you working on two books atm? Just wondering as your BL said Book 5/6, slightly confused there

Also, how did things go with the literacy agencies?
Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Nothing came of book 4's submission to agencies Sad (so far, although by this point I dont expect anything will.)

My current project is a mystery with 6 story arcs, each from a different perspective slowly revealing more of the tale, so it will probably have to be split into 2 novels. Thats why its 5/6. You can follow my progress via BL or through nanowrimo's site, my username there is fluker77.

Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:08 pm

Sounds pretty interesting, I quite like the use of that story-telling device in games and films so I'd love to see how you do it.

Well, it's been a long time and despite what I said earlier, (Which actually became some inspiration for me) I think I finally have a prologue that I'm ready to show off. I've kept constantly editing it as like a test of my writing skills but I think I have something ready to show you guys (If your interested of course). I'll probably need to clean it up a little bit more first though, so I'll have it all done tomorrow (For now, but as I've seen, editing can take it's time and feedback is always crucial) and I'll give a fresh summary of my story so you understand the story context, particularly surrounding the prologue.

For now though, I need a fresh mind (It's midnight in the UK at the time of writing) so I'll come back to it again tomorrow when I have more energy.
Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:15 am

Been over a year and a half now and I'm only at chapter 7. God, doesn't feel like such a long time now that I'm older but at least over the last couple of months I've made a lot more progress.

I planned out fully how I want this story to progress up until the end, planned out additional elements to this universe I want to throw in (Such as certain characters for the future) and well, stopped trying to fully detail every aspect from behind the scenes as it was unnecessary and a time waster. Looking back at previous posts I made last year, it doesn't feel like I've done much but I won't ever fully give up on this novel, even if it does take years. Problem is, I imagine this story as a trilogy so I either need to step up the game or dramatically restructure but I think the better choice here is to just step things up.

There's still so much more I need to do though in my life, socially, so I'm prepared to leave this on the backburner though (As I have during school holidays and such) to try and improve that, which has worked to a fair degree but it needs to go quite a bit further before I can be satisfied with how things are right now. It's a struggle sometimes but you have to work with the cards life deals you.
Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:06 am

Book 4 has been self-published and I finished the first draft of the murder-mystery in May. I'm still looking around for ways to actually publish them, but for now, I'll focus on what I've been doing. Gonna also look into if there's any writer's groups in my area I can join that will help.

Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra on Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:26 pm

That reminds me, I need to get a copy of The Elf soon frrom you afro

Made a bit of progress recently but through an unusual method. I recently finished my first draft of Chapter 8 and half of Chapter 9 by writing it up on my iPhone during breaks at work, using the notes app and then emailing it to myself. It's weird but it's working for me, although when at home I will still stick to my laptop.
Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:15 pm

I have a new plan to step things up throughout the summer. By the time it's over, my aim is to have at least half of this story finished (And judging by my storyline plan, it could be a large story), with at least a decent level of editing having been done. I believe it's possible to get to that point if I do another 10 chapters from now until mid september (Which should be do-able, although I do of course want to do other things this summer).

Starting to come to the conclusions that my main weaknesses in writing are being descriptive when it comes to people's appearances/locations, as well as some issues with developing the characters. Well, still got a long way to go and there's always editing afterwards I suppose
Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:39 pm

New version of the trilogy (omnibus paperback) finished last month.

In the middle of editing Dull Blades for a Fall release, just finished the first round of editing on arc 1.

Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:31 am

Aw man, I already bought one copy of the trilogy. Where's backloggery's "Damn you" smiley when you need it... Razz
Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin on Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Terra wrote:Aw man, I already bought one copy of the trilogy. Where's backloggery's "Damn you" smiley when you need it... Razz
Lol, you got the hardcover?
There's literally no content difference, its just re-formatted to be a 6 by 9 paperback, approx 550 pages.
It's kind of big for a paperback, really, so some might prefer it in hardcover anyway.

The Elf's second edition is looking at coming out next month (minor fix-ups plus some bonus features added)
and Dull Blades is looking at an October paperback release. Smile

As soon as I start my next project, I'l give invites to beta-read it. (Prolly in Nov/Dec)

Adminassassin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Ah ok, I feel slightly better now lol. As for the Elf, I hadn't gotten round to buying that one at all but if you're gonna do a 2nd version I might as well wait

And I look forward to reading your next work. I'll be ready and waiting to scrutinize it lol
Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top