Kricket Stomp
Welcome or welcome back to Kricket Stomp! Don't forget to log-in or sign up!

Latest Film You watched

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Latest Film You watched

Post  Terra on Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:18 pm

Better than paying to see that next Twilight film twice. I won't pay to see that once or any of the other films, no matter how cheap.

Anyway, what did you think? My sister saw HP7p2 and she seemed to quite enjoy it. Then again, she is 12 xD

Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:16 am

As a movie it was great.
As an adaptation of one of my favorite books/series, it was pretty good.
They changed a lot of things, thankfully none were as retarded as some in the past (like the pointless burning of Weasley house in movie 6) but some of the deaths were even more bare than in the book (a fault in the book as well, I'm saying) and soem were ridiculously flourished and kind of dumb. But it had a great sense of humor/fan service or nods as well as a scale of epic.
It was also pretty short for a movie of its type, about 1.5 hrs maybe 100 minutes.
So it still could have been one three and a half (think Return of the King length) movie
if they werent being cash cows.

Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:41 am

Saw Horrible Bosses yesterday with a friend. It was alright but didn't know that 14+ movies can have excessive swearing nowadays. cat

Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:33 pm

I'm not too surprised about the length of HP7p2, guess they crammed too much into the first part. Glad to hear it was pretty good though, and iirc, that house burning was done to add an extra action sequence so it didn't seem so dull. Didn't work too well though imo

With Horrible Bosses, I heard that film was rather racist at points, would you agree?

As for me, I've been getting in touch with my inner geek lately and been watching a lot of anime. In particular, I watched The Place Promised In Our Early Days before work earlier for the 2nd time, recently got my DVD copy at long last.

Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:02 am

Watched 3 more films now. First off, saw An American Carol (A.K.A Big Fat Important Movie in the UK), which was alright but was a rather conservative themed film, which I had no clue about beforehand. Didn't settle too well in my mind lol

Then I watched V For Vendetta for the 2nd time, which went down a lot better lol. Not just politically but I love these sort of Dystopian films/graphic novels and this one ranks as amongst the best in my mind.

Finally... I watched HP7p2 after my Aunt agreed to take me in an Orange Wednesday deal (For those who don't know, it's basically a buy one get one free offer on film tickets if you're on Orange's phone network). All I will say is... it could've been worse Razz

Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Donth8 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:53 am

Terra wrote:With Horrible Bosses, I heard that film was rather racist at points, would you agree?

Now that you mention it, it kinda is but it wasn't stated explicitly to offend but for humorous purposes. If you can overlook that, it's a decent film.

Donth8
Kricket Elder
Kricket Elder

http://backloggery.com/donth8theplaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Okonimarc on Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Mmmmm, seen a lot recently~ (Since family was down and was out and about to so many places, specially movies~) Saw....
"Horrible Bosses" ~ ( A- ) I thought it was really great, specially with low expectations I had for it, really surprised me~ (Collin Farrel was just epic~) "I'd like to bend her over a barrel and show her the 50 states"~

"Winnie The Pooh" ~ ( A ) Need I say more? It's my childhood and such~ And Zooey Deschanel... Amazing composer/singer~ <3_____<3

"Transformers: Dark Of The Moon" ~ ( B ) Was good, I thought~ (3D was used VERY well~) And I couldn't stop laughing knowing Bay reused a scene from his previous movie here~ xDDD

"ZooKeeper" ~ ( C ) A kids flick, nothing new, predictable, still had some nice laughs~

"Cars 2" ~ ( A+ ) You kidding me critics??? What exactly was so BAD about the film now? Again, excellent work by Pixar~

Next I'm going to go see HPDHp2 and see when "30 Minutes Or Less" I'm gonna see that ASAP~ xD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu16L7IfKT4

Okonimarc
Kricket Noobie
Kricket Noobie

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:32 pm

I heard it was because people thought that a Cars sequel was unnecessary. I've never seen the first Cars film so I cannot judge that though

So my wages came through the other day, decided to catch up on my film collection a bit. Bought myself Evangelion 2.22, Death Notice: Ikigami, Metropolis, Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Anime and the new live action film), 5 Centimetres Per Second, some Gamera films, a couple of TV series (Kino's Journey & Azumanga Daioh, although the latter was for my brother more than me) and more. This is probably one of the geekiest phases I've gone through since the days of being on Doctor Who forums (Which are long since past) but it will never reach the point of cosplaying, conventions, buying expensive replicas of items used in a series/film or MMO's. xD

Doesn't matter though as I know how to keep it all in balance (Particularly in public) so I'm not worried and the phase will eventually pass (I give it less than a month). A lot of people don't even realise I love anime/manga, although TBQH it is something I rarely make public outside close friends. I try to avoid giving people that impression of me since it's just one of quite a few interests I have. Unfortunately, it's one that people do seem to judge on (I've personally seen this happen to a friend of mine, a Star Wars fan, before). Well anyway, sorry for rambling lol.

Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra on Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:21 pm

Well, I watched Kiki's Delivery Service, 1984 and Whatever Works

Kiki - I'm a big fan of Miyazaki and I thought that Kiki was a great work. It just clicked with me and was a nice and light change of pace compared to recent stuff I've watched. I wouldn't rank this above stuff like Howl, Princess Mononoke and Ponyo though but still highly recommended

1984 - Dystopian films seem to be one of the few genres I watch amongst Western cinema lately, alongside Comedy and Sci-Fi (With the odd bits of Drama too). It was very good, certainly an interesting watch (Especially when compared against V for Vendetta).
Spoiler:
I particularly liked how, unlike V for Vendetta, it didn't go for a more "Happy" ending and didn't resolve with some big effort that brings down Big Brother and the party. The darker, unhappy ending made it much better imo, more "realistic" in a way. That end scene was slightly haunting too, which seemed a very nice/depressing touch for the finish

Whatever Works - My first Woody Allen film and I already get the impression that he's done better. It's not a bad film but it is surprisingly open and liberal for a script that was written 30 years prior to the film being made (Although edited of course to make it more current. Larry David was rather good as Boris, it's quite funny at times but it just doesn't feel right.

Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentine on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:44 am

The Mouse that Roared

It's true. Americans will wage war with somebody, then spend an astronomical amount of money rehabilitating the infrastructure of that nation. XD

Valentine
Kricket Regular
Kricket Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Adminassassin on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:45 pm

finally saw The Last Airbender (i was a fan of the animation and watched the whole thing through again last year)

Effects-very good
Design of costumes/world-very good
Acting-Mediocre
Script-Below mediocre
Dialogue-cringe-worthy
Pronunciation of names-all over the place lol

overall 2/5 stars ('mediocre") on my scale

Adminassassin
Admin

http://www.backloggery.com/objection

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra on Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:23 pm

I'd heard nothing but bad things about The Last airbender so I'm not surprised to hear that

I watched Godzilla: Final Wars again, although it was the dubbed version for the first time. It's a good film and certainly an entertaining monster bash but that dub was incredibly poor compared to previous efforts (Maybe it's just that I'm used to those dubs although they at least seemed more natural), certainly better when subbed.

Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Terra on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:18 pm

Watched 5 Centimetres Per Second. Makoto Shinkai... all I can say about this film is just beautiful and very moving. Cannot wait to see what his latest work, Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below, will be like.

Terra
Kricket Master
Kricket Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top